History of TACO

History of TACO

  • 1934

    TACO (Technical Appliance Corporation) was formed in New York State, initially as a manufacturer of AM/FM couplers, and later moved into making VHF and UHF antennas for civil and military aviation and shipboard communications.

  • 1949

    Delhi Metal Products, now known as WADE Tower, was formed, specializing in light duty, non-CSA mounting products and towers.

  • 1952

    Geoff Wade developed the Beaver Log Periodic Antenna.

  • 1961

    Jerrold purchases TACO (Technical Appliance Corporation).

  • 1973

    General Instrument Corporation of New York City purchased Delhi Metal Products for their Satellite Antenna line.

  • 1982

    Sherburne, NY manufacturing operations were moved to Delhi, Ontario.

  • 1986

    Parcap Management Inc. Purchases Antenna Divisions and Tubing Division. The operating company is named Cometic Technologies Inc.

  • 1989

    WADE Antenna Ltd. is established and purchases the rights to the former Beaver Log Periodic Antenna, now known as the WADE Log Periodic Antenna.

  • 1992

    Delhi-Solac Inc. purchases the Tubing and Antenna Division from Cometic Technologies.

  • 1994

    WADE becomes a Distributor of TACO CATV products.

  • 1999

    WADE Antenna and Delhi-Solac enter into an exclusive agreement to manufacture and sell 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz antennas.

  • 2000

    WADE Antenna becomes the largest distributor of Delhi-Solac's antenna products.

  • 2001

    WADE Antenna purchases TACO and Delhi Antenna divisions. Factory moves to Simcoe, Ontario.

  • 2006

    WADE purchases the rights to Lindsay Antennas.

  • 2006

    Manufacturing and head office moves to new facility in Brantford, Ontario.

  • 2008

    TACO Communications Inc. amalgamates with Wade Antenna Ltd. WADE Antenna changes corporate structure to WADE Antenna Inc.